Monday, April 14, 2008

Where is Mr. Right??????????

Where is Mr Right? You know it took me a long time to put together my Mr. Right. Oh Honey he is 6' 4" tall. He is good looking with a beard and good hair. Y'all remember wanting a man with good hair so we could have babies with good hair. Please OK!! Cause some of y'all are still doing it today. Anyhoo, he has a degree and his own very successful business. He doesn't have any children and loves to spoil me like my Daddy does.
Well needless to say, but I haven't found him. To tell you the truth I gave up on him a long time ago. I've given it some thought though. Say you did find Mr Right? Who's to say that you will have a connection with him or even fall in love with him. The one's that have come close to my ideal I just didn't connect with. I mean there was no spark or passion. I didn't get butterflies or smile when I thought of him. After years of looking for him, I finally realized that he doesn't exist. I often wonder if that's why the divorce rate is so high. So, everyone marries the ideal mate, but is that enough to make a life long commitment.
My last relationship took me by surprise. He was nothing like Mr Right. He wasn't cute anywhere. He was dark-skinned with nappy hair and fell short of the 6' 4" by 2. He didn't have a degree or his own business. I loved him though. We were together for 10 years. We went through ups and downs like everyone else, but we worked through it. We definitely have a connection. We finished each other's sentences. We were both smart asses with very quick wits. So, it was never a dull moment. However, life happened and we had to go our separate ways. Now, I find myself single at 38.
It's been 3 years since I separated from my ex. I haven't been in a serious relationship since then. So, I find myself looking for "HIM" again. I don't call him Mr Right anymore. I have come to realize that he doesn't exist. I've found that out of all my past relationships it's the friendship I valued most and found to be very important. I am still friends with most of my ex's. We call and check on each other every now and then. I realized how important it is to have a connection.
I guess what I'm trying to tell y'all is that it's very rare that we find Mr Right. It's even more rare that we find him and fall in love with him. I'm not saying that you should just get with any man that comes along. By all means don't think that money equals happiness. Money makes things easier, but that's about it. Look for a connection and build a friendship. Love will come so much easier and it may last a lifetime. It's funny because I have to close male friends. I often wish I could find someone who is the combination of the both. One friend is like a brother to me. We share everything with each other. We hang out all the time and I'm close to his family. The other one is completely nuts. We have soooo much fun together. Getting in trouble and causing a scene has never been so much fun. I don't know. Although it seems like I might be alone for the rest of my life, I haven't given up. I don't want y'all to give up either. I also don't want y'all to settle. Wait for "HIM" he is out there. Trust me.

No comments: